“BUILDING SUCCESSFUL FUTURES”
Southern Local Elementary School
38095 St. Rt. 39 Salineville, Ohio 43945
Dear Student and Parents/Guardians of Southern Local Elementary School,
Welcome to Southern Local Elementary for the 2022-2023 school year. We believe that education is a partnership among students, their families, and the school. Each of you play an important role in insuring our elementary learners are fully equipped for their futures. We value your perspectives and your contributions to our collaborative efforts in providing an exemplary education for your child.
We are committed to a safe and caring environment for our children. Principals and teachers continuously teach and reinforce clear and consistent high expectations for each student.
The guidelines in the Southern Local Elementary parent/student handbook are designed to communicate behavior expectations, rules, safety procedures, and student’s rights and responsibilities. Please join us in our collective commitment to a positive learning culture where we all share responsibility for upholding the rules for the safety of our students and staff. Please take the time to review this handbook with your child and ensure their (and your) understanding of the rights and responsibilities outlined in it.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Emily Brinker, Elementary Principal
330-679-2343 ext. 4020
Nicole Beadnell, Elementary Assistant Principal
330-679-2343 ext. 4021
Laura Krulik, Director of Special Services
330-679-2343 ext. 4023
Larry Rudloff, School Guidance Counselor
330-679-2343 ext. 4019
SCHOOL BEGINS AT HOME
Let’s get off to a great start!
We want every child to experience success at school and you can help your child do so. Getting your child’s day off to a good start is one of the best things you can do for them. You can make sure your child starts each day on a positive note by cooperating with and supporting our efforts in the following ways:
1. Send your child to school on time.
2. Teach your child to respect and obey all school adults.
3. Talk with your child about treating other children in the same manner as they wish to be treated.
4. Discuss with your child all the information in this handbook so that they clearly understand what is expected from them at school.
5. Become actively involved in your school. You can do so by participating in the P.T.O., and by contacting your child’s teacher to volunteer in the classroom or school.
6. Above all else, tell your child when they are doing a good job in school – praise them for good efforts and good behavior at school. We will do the same at school.
We are looking forward to a great school year with your child!